Monday, October 5, 2015

The sum of my MTC life

So lets go over my MTC experience shall we. I have loved spending time here at the MTC. It truly is one of the greatest places on earth and you can only truly know that when you live here, especially for two whole months. Lets see what I have enjoyed here: 

First off the language. The MTC is the greatest blessing to those who need to learn a language. I took 3 years of chinese during my schooling years, and I surpassed everything i learned in the those 3 years I think in my first 3 days, that is no exaggeration! I am still nowhere near fluent in the language, but I am way better prepared than what i imagined I would be. The gift of tongues is very real & prevalent in the MTC, that is no secret. It was so fun to see all my friends here and talk about how our language is coming along! It was so fun, I have learned so much in the aspect of chinese but I know that I still have a ton to learn. 

Me & my comp E. Schwemmer & one of our teachers
My companion has been so amazing! I know that the lord blessed me with the very best companion in the district. I know that for a fact, he was so awesome and made my MTC experience that much better for me and has really taught me a lot and has made me laugh a ton and have a good time at the MTC along with having amazing lessons with our investigators. He is awesome and is going to bless the lives of so many people in singapore. 

I have grown so much over these two months. My love for the book of mormon and grown so much and my testimony of this gospel and multiplied beyond belief. I know that this gospel is true and blesses the lives of so many peoples lives and has blessed mine so much. I know that this church is true everyone, it is real and has great power and blessings that come along with it. 

The lord blessed me with the greatest end to my MTC experience, and let me tell you why. First off what an amazing Conference weekend. It was such a special opportunity to watch conference in the MTC. We heard amazing talks, and really were inspired by our leaders. The new 3 apostles are going to do so great you can just tell. I think my favorite sessions were on saturday especially the morning session on saturday! But then the primary choir reminded me of my time singing in conference in Oct 2008! me and my companions had a good laugh looking at mini me, feel free to go take a gander and see if you can find the mini me. 

Our District Presidency
Then after a great conference we had a departure devotional from the MTC presidency and that was great! but wait it just keeps getting better and better. After the departure devotional we had our regular sunday night devotional and it was insane! So they said that it was a special devotional, but they say that all the time time so we weren't expecting anything special. Then all of a sudden VOCAL POINT walks out and they starting singing, it was the coolest thing. I love vocal point it was super awesome, they sang all of my favorite songs and it was super awesome. The greatest devotional yet by far. It was super awesome, I had two of my favorite church bands                                                                                       come to the MTC while i was there, whats cooler than that! 

look at these sweet lookin' bad boys that I found!
Then after that amazing devotional we went back to our classroom and had an amazing experience thats for sure. Instead of going to the films on sunday night, we gave each other blessings because we are all leaving! It was a super cool experience to see us all use our priesthood and give each other blessings. I was the only one who had previously given a blessing before, so thanks dad for making me do that before i left! But that was a great experience to give my companion a blessing. Then he gave me one and it was his first blessing ever, it was great he did such a great job! It was such an amazing feeling in the room when we finished, then we went back to the room and packed most of our stuff up! 

Now my last day here, is p-day!! So today has been really chaotic with cleaning the room and also packing more stuff, and doing emails and such it has been really really stressful, but the good kind!

Well I am off tomorrow the next time you guys all hear from me I will be in England and loving life hopefully. The MTC has been great i have loved being here! missionary work is the greatest and the word of God goes out to all the world and i cannot wait to be part of that work in England. Ok, well I am all packed up except for a few things, and well I have one bag that is 47lbs and the other is about 38lbs so I think I will be okay on weight!! I just dropped my companion off, so he is on his way to singapore as we speak!

Also quick funny story, my mom sent me some old looking root beers (sarsaparilla) that were in bottles, if you ever want to get some weird looks in the MTC walk around with a brown bottle!! Yeah it was awesome!



Love you all and I'll soon be talking to you all from ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love Elder Hanks

No comments:

Post a Comment