Monday, October 3, 2016

Great Conference week of miracles!

Oct 3 2016



Ni hao! How is everyone doing this amazing week. I hope you all enjoyed your week and more especially enjoyed the 10 wonderful hours of conference. It was so amazing to hear the prophetic counsel of our apostle and prophets. I think those hours were by far the best and fastest hours of the week. Never in my life have I ever felt that the talks were written specifically for me, I felt like it was me and them. I know you all enjoyed it as much as I did, all of the talks were so amazing, and I encourage you all, along with me, to reread the talks and to continue to study the words at the prophets. A perfect way to end a great week. Pure and simple doctrine taught, focused on our mark of Jesus Christ, with missionaries involved, thru the restoration of the prophet Joseph Smith. And family Get started on your MEMBER MISSIONARY WORK!!!

Monday: the best thing that happened on Monday was when we took our investigator S...... to FHE.  All of the members and other investigators were there, our investigator announced to everyone that she will be baptised in October! WHAT!!? Sooo cool so we have planned for the 21st so we are working on an interview for her and praying that everything works out!

Tuesday: Tuesday was fun we had a fun day for me and elder Zheng. The members invited us to lunch with them, and took us to a posh Chinese restaurant. And the best part was that they paid for us! It was sooo awesome and so good let me tell you! Wowza, gotta love Chinese food & great members! Then we had a good day of work and then ended the day with B.... our member who went home last Wednesday. We went and had tea with him, to say goodbye. So Tuesday was full of good Chinese food! Pretty good day, if I do say so myself! Now I want to tell you about the most amazing miracle ever that happened to me and elder Zheng.

C.....M.....: 
C.....M...... is one of our investigators that we have had for  awhile. We found him a while back and he was a really shy, quiet kid. Who was really only interested in learning English. We met with him 2 times before he went back to china for a month. Well he came back this week and we called him to see if he was back and we got an appointment with him. Normally after a month break like this, people don't want to keep learning, and they drop us. So we met with C....M.... and we start talking about China and how it was. Then came the scary part to ask him what he remembered from before. And guess what he remembered everything!!!!! What!?? I know and not only that we asked him if he had prayed while he was gone, and he then told us how he had several times, and every time he did he felt something. Immediately we taught about the gospel of Jesus Christ and invited him to be baptized and he accepted for October 15!!!! What a miracle. He is the best person in the world, I just love him to death!  I pray that everything will work out with him too. We have met him 3 times this week and should be having his interview next week! He even came to conference with us sooooo.......Please pray for these two, that everything will work out for S....... and C....M....! If so we could have a baptism 2 weeks in a row! That would be amazing for this branch - we need it!

On Friday I drove us down to Leeds again for another meeting. And we were there all day long, so we had the entire day Friday out of our area. But one cool thing that President Turvey announced was that we are officially going digital. We will now be using our iPads for our daily planners and area book. What sooo crazy!! That will be so exciting! So we are waiting for the approval to see when it's really going to happen!

Then Saturday besides the start of conference we had a good day. We met with C.....M..... again, we also taught another guy named T....., we shared with him the Plan of Salvation (or what we Chinese missionaries say "the textbook of life") for our Chinese students. And we invited him to be baptized and he accepted the goal of the 29th of December. So it's going to take a lot of work with him to make that goal, but I am confident that he will be able to achieve it! Then of course to end it off, was the wonderful blessing

of Conference. It was a really really good week! Love you all and hope you have a wonderful week of the first week of October! Time is just going by way to fast!

Elder Hanks 韓長老

Sent from my iPad 

No comments:

Post a Comment