Monday, December 19, 2016

We are smilin' over here people...!

Well everyone, I hope you all are enjoying the snow over there in America. Or whatever weather you may be having. Well we had a fun week this week so let's get started shall we.

This week was pretty slow on the lesson side of things because of not being able to go to the university to teach. NEVERTHELESS the promise in 1 Nephi 3:7 is true. The lord always provides a way, and for us that way was KFC. We had a couple lessons there, which were alright. Until the lord blessed us once again and we found out that there was a member in another ward who is on the administration for the university. Called her and explained the situation, she called us back within 10 min and we now have official permission to teach at the university. Such a blessing!

R......... our investigator is doing great. She like all our other investigators has been so busy with end of school year essays and tests that it has been really hard to try and meet, but recently we had a lesson with her and taught about temples and eternal families and we were able to reschedule her for the 14 of January. So we are praying that she will make that goal. 

This week we went on exchanges with the Zone leaders in their area. Their area is a small little village called Meltham. While on exchanges we had a lesson with this guy named D....... And D...... had the most action figures and posters of Star Wars I have ever seen in my life in one room. He is an avid fan, but also a great person. He will be so blessed when he joins the church.

Well we also had our Transfers this past Saturday and it was quite non-eventful. Only 2 people in the whole zone were changed. And one of them happened to be......
A different elder. That's right I'm staying here with elder Liss! And I couldn't be happier! We are going to have a lot of fun this transfer! So looks like I'll be here for Christmas! And it started off well by having all the missionaries speak in church in sacrament, so yes people that was for the 3rd time in this ward. Haha I love it!

Okay so cool thing that I found this week was in 1 Mosiah 1:6-7
6 O my sons, I would that ye should remember that these sayings are true, and also that these records are true. And behold, also the plates of Nephi, which contain the records and the sayings of our fathers from the time they left Jerusalem until now, and they are true; and we can know of their surety because we have them before our eyes.

7 And now, my sons, I would that ye should remember to search them diligently, that ye may profit thereby; and I would that ye should keep the commandments of God, that ye may prosper in the land according to the promises which the Lord made unto our fathers.

So I was thinking to myself, search, what does that mean. And if you define the word it means, "to try and find something by looking or otherwise seeking carefully and thoroughly." So my question then is, how often when we read do not only study the scriptures but we search for something. An answer to a question? An answer to a friends question? A solution to a problem? Advice on a situation?  I mean that's what they are there for right. So that we too may prosper! I challenge you all, that when you read your scriptures don't just study them, search them and they will bless and change your life as they have done to mine. I know the scriptures are true. 

Well that's it for me folks! Hope you all have a wonderful season of giving!
Love elder Hanks!

Pics:

1. Us at our Ward Christmas Party! Left to right: Lucas, Bowen, elder Liss, R, and me.


2. Our exchanges with the Zone leaders. Left to right: elder Stiggson from Sweden, me, elder Liss, elder Omondi from Kenya.


3. The only house with lights on it in Huddersfield.


4. Shout out to my trainer elder chen, who goes home this week. What a legacy he left and I am excited to see him finish a faithful mission.


5. Our other Christmas decor.

No comments:

Post a Comment